Turning Precious Moments into a Lifetime of Memories

Turning Precious Moments into a Lifetime of Memories
Just can't help it, gotta love these smiling faces! (Emily, Ethan, Kaylee, Seth and Elizabeth)

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ahh yes, the cakes!







Ethan wanted a dump-truck. He isn't too happy in this picture because I just found out that he destroyed the back end of the cake, eating it while I was showering. Oh well, at least one side still looked okay!








Seth wanted a "rocket-ship"

Little Miss wanted a castle. Looks like it is tipping here, but really, it wasn't! Needless to say, we have tons of cake around here!





I had fun making the cakes, but I was definitely done by the end of the day! So many people have been surprised that I would make them each their own individual cake, but I feel that I need to, and I want to. We strive everyday to make sure all the children see themselves as individuals, not just the "twins and triplets." They are all so different, have their own hopes, dreams, likes and dislikes. It's not their fault they were all born on the same days! This is one of the ways I try to help them be themselves and it helps me to see them for who they are.

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking.. " Cindy is crazy to make THREE different cakes!" and, then I read your explanation of why you do it! You really have a point! (and a lot of energy, I guess!) That castle cake is HUGE!! Did you find a homeless shelter to donate cake to afterwards??? Way to go, mom!! You out did yourself!

    ReplyDelete