Turning Precious Moments into a Lifetime of Memories

Turning Precious Moments into a Lifetime of Memories
Just can't help it, gotta love these smiling faces! (Emily, Ethan, Kaylee, Seth and Elizabeth)

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

South of the border part I

This summer we also enjoyed traveling to Mexico, back to my home town. This time we drove. We decided to drive all night across the great state of Texas. I think I actually liked it better! The kids were sleeping, we didn't have to stop so many times for potty breaks and food. Just get a good nap before leaving, some good snacks and books on tape and hey...you're good!






  • Here Maria is teaching us how to make tortillas! All we had to do was try and make them round, but I'm not sure any of us succeeded in that!





  • Maria and her husband gave us a large bucket full of green beans to bottle! Delicious!!!




  • Grandpa's orchard was full of big beautiful peaches this year! It was fun picking them and canning them! Riding on the 4-wheeler was so much fun! The wagon was even recently painted yellow and green for the grandkids!


*The mountain range near my home. This particular one is called the Indian Princess. See why? I love it.



*The popcicles, paletas, there are so incredible!!! Here Little Miss is enjoying a mango one.





*Maria laughing at me and my attempts to make a ROUND, not triangular, square or anyother shape of tortilla. I failed.... but it was good!




*Lee and I caught cuddling in the peach trees.



*First time grandkids saw Maria. We consider eachother family.



*Tea party time. Grandma has the largest trunk of costumes that I have ever seen!!! I keep forgetting that I don't need to pack regular clothes for my kids. Everyday is dress up day!


No comments:

Post a Comment