Turning Precious Moments into a Lifetime of Memories

Turning Precious Moments into a Lifetime of Memories
Just can't help it, gotta love these smiling faces! (Emily, Ethan, Kaylee, Seth and Elizabeth)

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Today is Father's Day and again I am thinking about my parents. Not that this is a new thing, I do it pretty much every day, but today is special. It's a time to remember Dad. Wow, that's a big word, DAD! A very powerful word. Father's are the anchors to our world. They are the mighty fortresses that we find our protection in. I do not envy men, I never have. I think that they have a tremendously difficult task in providing, presiding and protecting the family. Luckily Lee and I have both been blessed with amazing men for fathers who exemplify these qualities.






This is Lee's dad, Ken Reynolds. He was born in California, but he didn't stay there for very long. He later moved to Utah and then up to Montana. Growing up he was a typical farm boy, working and playing hard. In high school he was bit of a flirt you could say! :o) He attended LDS Business college but before he could graduate he got married and received a very tempting offer from the railroad company. (Lee doesn't remember all the facts 100%, so we are exercising our literary license. ) He worked hard all of providing for his young and growing family. But once all the kids were own their own, he returned to college to completed his degree.













This is my dad, Rulon Kent Romney, born in St. George, UT. He lived in Utah and Idaho until the age 9, then moved back to Colonia Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico. Back to where his father was from.

He grew up in Mexico, loving life and all the adventures that Mexico brings. He was the oldest of the family. While in school, he enjoyed camping, playing the guitar, building cars and hiking through the mountains. Let's just say that he was a lady's man as well! :o) I'm not sure if he has always liked Chemistry and Agriculture, but he has an incredible talent for them both and did very well in college in both subjects. He served a mission in Monterrey, Mexico. I love hearing stories from his mission! Raising a family in Mexico with it's interesting forms of politics and policies has proven to be a challenge. Nevertheless (that's a fun word to say!) he worked hard to provide for our family.








There are many things I remember about my dad. But there are a few key things that I will never forget.

* He is an amazing teacher. Whether he is teaching a high school chemistry class, a Sunday school class or teaching kids how to plant orchards-(I'll never forget that one for sure! ;o)

*His love and understanding of the gospel. I have never once questioned my dad's testimony.

*He has a moral backbone of a great Southern Oak tree. If I were in business, he is definitely someone I would want to do business with.

*The time he brought me a bouquet of mini roses after one of my high school plays.

*The tickle-bug, "I'm a Little Old Hoopy Toad" (will post that song later) and the 'tomach monster. Do you know that the 'tomach monster still scares me as an adult? You would think I would get over that by now!


Papis, I love you. You are my dad, my anchor, my fortress, and no matter how old I get, I will always need you and want you around. So you better take care of yourself! Your little girl still needs her daddy.


I feel bad for the rest of the world, they didn't get to be raised by you, dad! Seriously though, you have been my exemplar in every aspect of my life. These are some of the things that I specifically recognize you for and try to emulate with my children.

*Very strong work ethic. You taught me how to work
*Dedication in church service
*Putting up with the Scouts for many years!
*After discipling me, ensuring that I knew that you loved me
*Your strong deserved rebukes that I thankfully heeded
*For teaching me while I helped you fix things around the house and the cars. You took the time to show me how things worked and how to observe and to figure things out.
*You had an answer for every question and if you didn't know, your brother did :o) But of course your brother was never there to ask!
*Very humble and nonjudgemental
*Great example of how to respect women


Short and sweet.....I couldn't have asked for more!



Lee and I come from different worlds, you could say. Me growing up in Mexico and him in Washington State. But we both bring to our marriage and our family key strengths and talents given to us by our fathers. Some of which differ from eachother, but for the most part, similar in so many ways. Thank you to the both of you for being you. We love you and honor you this day.

Love,

Lee & Cindy

2 comments:

  1. A very tender post! I want to know more about the "tomach monster!" Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Seegmiller Cousins,
    We are updating the Seegmiller Registry and we need your mailing lists. Please email me your updated family mailing lists especially with email addresses or cell phone numbers. The address is Seegmiller@accountant.com.
    or you can fax it to me at my efax number 214-544-6773. If I am missing any adult head of households, please write them in.
    The next reunion is in July 2014 and you will not want to miss it. If you have an interest in helping out, let me know. Text my cell phone at 702-355-0268 and you can find me on FaceBook.

    Scott Seegmiller
    Seegmiller Registry Maintainer.
    2430 Marlene Way
    Henderson, NV 89014
    seegmiller@accountant.com

    ReplyDelete